Upgraded to Vista SP2 and can no longer share printers
I just upgraded to Vista SP2 (from Vista SP1+). Prior to the upgrade, I had some printers configured to be shared. After the upgrade, I could not access the printers via the share names. Went into the printer properties (with Admin permissions) and
turned off sharing, then attempted to turn sharing back on. Was greeted with an error "Printer settings could not be saved.
Operation could not be completed (error 0x0000007a).
Any ideas about what is causing this error and how to fix or work around it?
Anwsers to the Problem Upgraded to Vista SP2 and can no longer share printers
Thanks for the advice and I'll reference it for the future. It turns out that after an extra reboot, the sharing process suddenly started working again.
- Access the files on your computer via MY COMPUTER
- Under the C: drive, access the WINDOWS folder
- Select the SOFTWARE DISTRIBUTION folder, followed by the DOWNLOAD folder.
- Delete any files within this download folder.
- If you are unable to delete these files, open the command prompt (CMD) as the administrator, and type "net stop wuauserv" into the CMD prompt window. Press ENTER. This should allow you to delete the files from step 4.
- Once the files are deleted, open and run the CMD as the administrator and type "wuauclt.exe /updatenow". Press ENTER.
Recommended Method to Repair the Problem: Upgraded to Vista SP2 and can no longer share printers:
How to Fix Upgraded to Vista SP2 and can no longer share printers with SmartPCFixer?
1. Click the button to download Error Fixer . Install it on your computer. Open it, and it will scan your computer. The junk files will be shown in the scan result.
2. After the scan is finished, you can see the errors and problems need to be fixed. Click Fix All.
3. The Fixing part is done, the speed of your computer will be much higher than before and the errors have been removed.
Related: AVG Technologies ScriptHelperApi Class Add-on,After Running Sysem Restore My PC Running Windows 7 Home Premium Fails To Restart And On Manually Restarting Tells Me The Restore Has Failed Error Code Ox80070005,Access Data Base Engine DLL,After Changing Drive Letters W/ Disk Management In Windows 7 I Can No Longer View My Drives In "Computer",Automatically Deletes Mail When Exiting The Program,Not Able To Access Internet Explorer 8 Correctly.,Backup Error,Sign In Prob. With Games For Windows-live In Dirt 2,I'm Having Trouble Storing My Iphone Contacts In Windows Contacts,Dispositivo Microsoft Notebook Reciever V2.0 No Se Reconoce Dispositivo USB Error 43
Read More: Troubleshoot:Windows 7 after shutdown will not power off,Troubleshooting:How can I find out about whether or not an unkown company is supposed to be on my P.C.,Unable to open an application. [Anwsered],[Solved] why when i click on anything on my desktop does it say unable to start correctly(0xc0000142),Agentctl.dll registration on windows 8 64-bit,Full Cross Reference,How do I stop ads from flickering on Internet Explorer?,black changes to 87% when converting to spot color,Extra Zero's on Time in Excel.