Continual problems with printing
I have a Dell Inspiron 1525 and a wireless Lexmark printer.
For the first month I had no trouble printing and then I received the message
"Spooler SubSystem App stopped working and was closed.
A problem caused the application to stop working correctly.
Windows will notify you if a solution is available"
If I remove the printer and reinstall it I can MAYBE print a couple of pages and then it happens again.
On making enquiries I was told it is a "Vista" problem.
I have reinstalled my old printer (not wireless" but no success.
Right now I am extremely frustrated
to have a new computer and printer and cannot print
Keys to the Problem Continual problems with printing
Thank you for using the Community Forum for Vista.
Have you checked with the Vista Compatibility list to see if an update is ready? Just look up your printer here.
Vista Compatibility List
If there isn't one, then you can always use system restore to go back to a point where it did work correctly.
If it worked before obviously something has changed right? This will allow you to undo that change.
Here is a link to those instructions.
Please let us know how it goes.
Microsoft Answers Support Engineer
Microsoft Answers Feedback Forum and let us know what you think.
Using Windows troubleshooter:
- Click on Search on Charm bar and type Troubleshooting. Click on the very first option.
- A new window will open. Click View all from the left pane.
- Scroll down to the bottom and click on Windows update.
- Troubleshooter window for Windows update will pop up. Click on NEXT. It may ask you for administrative permission.
- The troubleshooter will automatically detect problems and fix it.
- Now, close this window and try download/install the app which was previously showing error.
Another Safe way to Repair the Problem: Continual problems with printing:
How to Fix Continual problems with printing with SmartPCFixer?
1. Click the button to download Error Fixer . Install it on your computer. Open it, and it will perform a scan for your computer. The errors will be shown in the scan result.
2. After the scan is finished, you can see the errors and problems which need to be repaired.
3. The Repair part is finished, the speed of your computer will be much higher than before and the errors have been removed. You can also use other functions in SmartPCFixer. Like dll downloading, junk file cleaning and print spooler error repair.
Related: 1 exe exeCmd exe 0Xc0000142 Sysinfo exe Error Exe Is Not A Valid Win32 Application Dgl Exe Bad Image Exp exe Autoupdate exe Application Error hpqwmiex exe windows6 1 kb976932 x86 exe isass exe what is dwm exe Lbtserv Exe IEXPLORE EXE App Crash nsd exe wdfmgr exe virus sleep exe Szmsgsvc exetabuserw exe Telecharger Reg33 exe cisvc exe Wwdisp exe Cleanup Exe Free Downloads,Can a WIndows Easy Tranfer File from Windows 8 be opened in Windows 7 sony drivers How do I transfer my address book from Outook Express on my old computer which runs on XP to my new laptop running Windows 7 vaio drivers I have Windows7 Professional with 64 bit operating system with room for 6 memory modules how high can i go vaio drivers Shutdown and Logon Issue Windows 7 vaio drivers SSMMgr exe has stopped working a problem caused the program to stop working correctly Windows will close this program and notify you if a solution is available 2 days Error Could not find the macromedia flash VAIO Driver Download Windows 7 fresh install from XP randomly becomes unresponsive and then recovers after 10 100 seconds sony drivers Windows Vista issue on installing Skype Toolbars vaio drivers Ways to Recognize an ASUS Motherboard
Read More: Troubleshooter of Error: Macro to split multiple reports so each is on its own tab,Upgraded to Vista SP2 and can no longer share printers [Solved],Troubleshooter of Error: Averaging a list of values but ignoring the zeros,Solution to Error: windows 8 start-up problem solve but what is the cause?,ordinal 333 not found in the dynamic library,Office Suite 2007 No longer opening due to error "control.exe - Bad Image",Cannot install Adobe update, error c:Config.Msi>PFCOFF.tmp,i forgot my password in start up menu so how can i find it or get a new one,Word 2010; Table of Contents problem