emails not sending windows mail
i don't have a problem receiving emails, but i cannot send them.
this hasn't happened before its only started recently
The connection to the server has failed.
Subject 'hello', Account: 'mail.optonline.net', Server: 'mail.optonline.net', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10060, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E
Keys to the Problem emails not sending windows mail
Welcome to Microsoft Windows Vista Forums.
Error 0x800ccc0e is usually caused by a conflict with Simple Mail Transfer Protocol (SMTP) servers while using your E-mail program.
In order to fix error number 0x800ccc0e, you will need to make sure that your e-mail account settings are correct and that PORT 25 is the port used in the SMTP area - unless specifically told to use another port by your Internet Service Provider
It's possible your ISP has started to block the standard Outgoing Mail Port (25).
You may need to consult your ISP's support pages to get the SMTP e-mail settings.
You can also get error 0x800ccc0e messages when you have anti-virus or firewall software enabled on your pc.
As a general rule, the owner of the SMTP server must be the same as the one providing your Internet connection at that moment.
Check the settings of your email account.
1. Open Windows Mail by clicking the Start button, clicking All Programs, and then clicking Windows Mail.
2. Locate the account information you were given by your e‑mail service provider.
If you need help finding this information, see Where to find your e‑mail account information.
3. Click the Tools menu, and then click Accounts.
4. Under Mail, click your e‑mail account, and then click Properties.
5. Click the Servers tab.
Check that the various entries under Server Information and Incoming and outgoing Mail Server match the account information from your email provider.
“Troubleshoot Problems with Windows mail “ http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-vista/Troubleshoot-problems-with-Windows-Mail
Similar kinds of issues were found in the links:
Microsoft Answers Support Engineer
Visit our Microsoft Answers Feedback Forum and let us know what you think.
System Update Readiness Command: To Fix emails not sending windows mail
On running the System Update readiness Command, it will Detect & Replace Incorrect Registry data with the Correct one. Which may ultimately Solve emails not sending windows mail in Windows.
- Open CMD as Administrator by Simply Right Clicking on Start button > Command Prompt (Admin).
- Now Type or Copy paste "DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth" and hit Enter,
- Now again Type or Copy paste this "DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth" and hit Enter.
- Close the Command Prompt Window because we are done.
Reboot your Windows & see if error emails not sending windows mail is still there.
Note: Your administrator's password might be needed.
Recommended Method to Repair the Problem: emails not sending windows mail:
How to Fix emails not sending windows mail with SmartPCFixer?
1. Click the button to download Error Fixer . Install it on your system. Run it, and it will scan your computer. The junk files will be shown in the scan result.
2. After the scan is finished, you can see the errors and problems need to be fixed. Click Fix All.
3. When the Fixing part is finished, your computer has been speeded up and the errors have been removed
Related: After Today Win 8.1 Update Cpu Has High Load,After Installing Internet Explorer 9, When Opening A Page It Is Minimized And I Have To Drag It To Maximize It.,Adobe Flash Player Is Not Running In IE10.,Alphabetizing Favorites In Windows XP And IE 6.0(I Think),Active Spell Check - When I Right Click I Don't Get An Active Online Spell Check Option,I Can Not Access This Site Www.dvlottery.state.gov,Can't Login To Advanced Startup Options Due To Inop Key Letter Of Password?Used On Screen Keyboard For Regular Use.,Create Task Scheduler Using Gpo For Standard User,Macro To Write A Formula Based On Two Cells Being Equal,Speaker Icon On The Bottom Has A Red "X" Over It And There Is No Sound.
Read More: Fast Solution to Error: how to mailmerge to unique managers with atleast 5 unqiue associates data under them,How to Fix Error - How do I completely remove all Linux things on my PC including all grub stuff via \"grub rescue>\"??,Troubleshooting:Adobe Shockwave and Flash Player Upgrades,Fast Solution to Problem: Internet explorer page flashes on the screen then disappears,How to Fix - Where is the Help Menu in Windows 7??,Document Structure Tags - removed as a default.,HDMI not working with dual monitor,in window 8 how can i get to msconfig,Favories--I can't find the big yellow star for my favorites,Hebrew characters distorted (all display as "?") on Palm Desktop in Win 7