Calculating investment return with known cashflows over actual period (not annualised)
I am trying to calculate the actual return generated on an investment portfolio for a given period with cash flows known.
I know that XIRR gives an annualised return but what formula would I use to calculate the actual return for a period of say 9 months.
1/1/2013 $25,000 starting balance
1/4/2013 $10,000 additional contribution
1/6/2013 $5,000 withdrawal
1/8/2013 $10,000 additional contribution
30/9/2013 $75,000 end balance
Solutions to the Problem Calculating investment return with known cashflows over actual period (not annualised)
Assuming that you have the correct signs ( + and - ) for your cash flows, you may at first want to wrap the
XIRR function within NOMINAL function and then to find the actual return for
=NOMINAL( XIRR( B1:B5, A1:A5 ) , 12 ) * 0.75
Nominal function will return a nominal ( annual ) rate, 3/4th of such a value is the
9 months return on your investment keeping in view that 1/12th of the value returned by nominal is the
periodic monthly rate.
Note: It is recommended that you back up your files and folders before attempting this step:
- Move the mouse cursor over to the upper right side of the screen.
- A menu will pop up on the left. Click on the "Settings" feature on the menu.
- On the Settings window, click on the "Change PC settings."
- Now, left click on the "Update and recovery" feature.
- For the next step, left click on the "Recovery" feature.
- There is an option here saying "Refresh your PC without affecting your files." There, left click on the "Get started" button.
- Now, follow the instructions on the screen to finish the Refresh process.
- After the Refresh process has finished restart your Windows 8.1 or Windows 8 device.
- Check again to see if the error Calculating investment return with known cashflows over actual period (not annualised) has been fixed.
If you do not possess the technical expertise required to accomplish this yourself or do not feel comfortable doing so, download and install a powerful automated tool to get the job done.
Recommended Method to Repair the Problem: Calculating investment return with known cashflows over actual period (not annualised):
How to Fix Calculating investment return with known cashflows over actual period (not annualised) with SmartPCFixer?
1. You can Download Error Fixer here. Install it on your system. When you open SmartPCFixer, it will perform a scan.
2. After the scan is done, you can see the errors and problems need to be repaired. Click Fix All.
3. When the Fixing part is done, your computer has been speeded up and the errors have been removed
Related: How to Download Toshiba Portege R500 HDD/SSD Alert Utility v.184.108.40.206 driver,Way to Update & Download Toshiba Satellite A355-S69403 Motorola Modem Region Select Utility v.220.127.116.11 driver,Where to Download Toshiba Satellite L305-S5926 HW Setup Utility v.2.00.11 driver,[Solved] Download Toshiba Satellite L675-S7115 Laptop Checkup v.18.104.22.168 driver,Method to Download Toshiba Satellite M645-S4080 Media Controller v.22.214.171.124 driver,Best Way to Download NVidia GeForce 6100 VGA Driver v.304.51 Certified,How Can You Update & Download NVidia GeForce 9300/nForce 730i VGA Driver v.310.19 Certified,Method to Download NVidia GeForce GT 330M Driver v.340.65,How Can I Update & Download NVidia GeForce GTX 590 Driver v.280.26 WHQL,Method to Download NVidia Tesla C2050 Driver v.319.17
Read More: How to Fix Problem - Bluetooth not working on Acer laptop Aspire V5-471G after updating to windows 8.1?,Brand new laptop freezes, is this normal?,Troubleshooter of Error: BSOD DPC WATCHDOG since windows 8.1 upgrade,Troubleshoot:C:\\Users\\my name\\Documents referes to a location that is unavailable.,Troubleshoot:C:\\Windows\\system32\\qaappsrv.exe> What is this? Error,All diagnostic tools give 0x800700C1, troubleshooting wizard can't continue,all files try to open with adobe,all icons on desktop have changed to Adobe icon and won't open,All functions of my outlook are working except it will not let me "REPLY" or start a "NEW" email,all f1-f12 shortcuts not work