Acer desktop running Windows 7 will not launch icons correctly
My sister has an Acer desktop.
It has worked fine she has had it for about a year or so.
Today she went to get on it and everything looked normal but when she goes to click on something it shows a flash of what she wants to go to but then it just
shows the page she is currently on.
For example if you go into Control Panel and click Programs it will flash the programs folder/page but then go straight back to the control panel.
It even does it on her web browser if she types in google it will flicker google but then go back to her homepage.
Tried restoring the computer and doing a clean install of Windows 7 but nothing seems to work.
It does work for a few minutes if you restart the computer long enough to visit one or two websites but then starts doing the same thing.
There have been no changes made at all.
Nothing new installed and nothing uninstalled.
Keys to the Problem Acer desktop running Windows 7 will not launch icons correctly
Actually it might be the virus infection due to which most of the windows tools are flashes & closes automatically if you tries to open them.Also try to open Regedit & CMD through command prompt.
If same then download the tool from below location :
Though your system is formatted,it has removed the infection from the formatted drive only.Still infection may present in your other drive.So,it will be better if you scan your whole system with the updated antivirus like Quickheal.
Note: It is recommended that you back up your files and folders before attempting this step:
- Move the mouse cursor over to the upper right side of the screen.
- A menu will pop up on the left. Click on the "Settings" feature on the menu.
- On the Settings window, click on the "Change PC settings."
- Now, left click on the "Update and recovery" feature.
- For the next step, left click on the "Recovery" feature.
- There is an option here saying "Refresh your PC without affecting your files." There, left click on the "Get started" button.
- Now, follow the instructions on the screen to finish the Refresh process.
- After the Refresh process has finished restart your Windows 8.1 or Windows 8 device.
- Check again to see if the error Acer desktop running Windows 7 will not launch icons correctly has been fixed.
If you do not possess the technical expertise required to accomplish this yourself or do not feel comfortable doing so, download and install a powerful automated tool to get the job done.
Recommended Method to Fix the Problem: Acer desktop running Windows 7 will not launch icons correctly:
How to Fix Acer desktop running Windows 7 will not launch icons correctly with SmartPCFixer?
1. Click the button to download SmartPCFixer . Install it on your computer. Open it, and it will scan your system. The errors will be shown in the list.
2. After the scan is finished, you can see the errors and problems which need to be fixed.
3. The Fixing part is done, the speed of your computer will be much higher than before and the errors have been removed.
Related: [Solved] Applications have stopped working with SP1 on Windows 7!,[Solved] I can't find auto complete text in word 2007,[Solution] I need to keep reinstalling eHome Infrared Transceiver driver everytime my computer shuts down.,How to Resolve - system restore not working windows 7?,Unable to open embedded word file on the intranet. [Solved],Solution to Error: Error: "0x81000032 make sure the C: drive is online and set to NTFS" when trying to backup to external hard drive.
,Troubleshoot:External Hard Drive not listed in Windows 7 backup wizard Error
,I'm always being signed off so annoying Tech Support
,Solution to Problem: Impossible to use Internet Explorer! I keep getting the same error message every time i try to use IE.
,Solution to Problem: Referencing data in another file
,[Anwsered] Thinkpad 8611 Boot,How to Resolve - Svchost Helper?,Fast Solution to Problem: L30 101 Driver Windows 7,Troubleshooter of Error: Io Device,How to Fix Error - Dell Laptop Code 39?
Read More: [Solved] 800CCCD2-0-0-720 Outlook 2013 Sync issue,How Can You Fix - Action Center reports false problem.?,How to Resolve - Accessing Sub Domains?,Fast Solution to Error: A macro to call up other macro's based on a value in a cell.,How Can I Fix - A WARNING POPS UP?,Cannot delete empty file icon on desktop...,Cannot download flashplayer,can't get the CIA review progrom install which is an older version,Cannot access one website-DNS server not responding.,Can't Receive or Send Vista Windows Mail - Router stopped recognizing DSL connection & wants to dial up