Adobe Reader 9 and Windows 7
I just got a new laptop with Adobe Reader 9 installed on it and the new Windows 7. When I try and open a .pdf file I get a gray box with a question mark and no text. I tried opening Adobe before clicking a document link, hoping that would work, but it
still didn't open. Any ideas for a quick fix?
Keys to the Problem Adobe Reader 9 and Windows 7
Rather than try to troubleshoot, I'd just un-install and re-install
Adobe Reader 9 .
Note: It is recommended that you back up your files and folders before attempting this step:
- Move the mouse cursor over to the upper right side of the screen.
- A menu will pop up on the left. Click on the "Settings" feature on the menu.
- On the Settings window, click on the "Change PC settings."
- Now, left click on the "Update and recovery" feature.
- For the next step, left click on the "Recovery" feature.
- There is an option here saying "Refresh your PC without affecting your files." There, left click on the "Get started" button.
- Now, follow the instructions on the screen to finish the Refresh process.
- After the Refresh process has finished restart your Windows 8.1 or Windows 8 device.
- Check again to see if the error Adobe Reader 9 and Windows 7 has been fixed.
If you do not possess the technical expertise required to accomplish this yourself or do not feel comfortable doing so, download and install a powerful automated tool to get the job done.
Recommended Method to Fix the Problem: Adobe Reader 9 and Windows 7:
How to Fix Adobe Reader 9 and Windows 7 with SmartPCFixer?
1. Click the button to download Error Fixer . Install it on your computer. Run it, and it will scan your computer. The errors will be shown in the scan result.
2. After the scan is finished, you can see the errors and problems which need to be repaired.
3. The Fixing part is finished, the speed of your computer will be much higher than before and the errors have been fixed.
,Troubleshoot:External Hard Drive not listed in Windows 7 backup wizard Error
,How to Fix Error - Getting an error "not connected to the internet" while trying to install Samsung Kies?
,How to Fix - Internet Explorer shuts down and reopens tab when attaching to email or uploading files.?
,Fast Solution to Problem: Sending Error Message
,[Anwsered] Thinkpad 8611 Boot,How to Resolve - Svchost Helper?,Fast Solution to Problem: L30 101 Driver Windows 7,Troubleshooter of Error: Io Device,How to Fix Error - Dell Laptop Code 39?
Read More: Troubleshooter of Error: Adobe Reader Error Message: Adober Reader already installed,Aero I can not get an email off my screen when i press the x button it does not go red & wont dissapear off the screen,Troubleshooting:Adding another set of data into existing charts with error bars Error,Solution to Error: ADDRESS BAR NOT WORKING,Fast Solution to Error: adding items to the front of the start menu,a file called mDNSResponse.exe. is causing bonjour not to operate properly,what should I do?,A QUESTION USING THE "IF'S" Formula.,A continuos flashing window with which title is C:Windows\System32\cmd.exe, and has the following message: The syntax of the command is incorrect.,Acrobat compatibility issue and you tube problems____,ActiveX on IE 9 not loaded