2013 excel wont open spreadsheets -
Installed new office - home and business 2013 - now Excel will only open spreadsheets saved to the laptop before the install - otherwise excel
opens to the screen but the commands and ribbons are greyed out - and the spreadsheet isn't readable or usable - will open in works but not in excel ???
Solutions to the Problem 2013 excel wont open spreadsheets -
Does the issue occurs only with Excel or with all the Office 2013 applications?
If the issue occurs only with Excel then try to open Excel in its application safe mode and check how it works.
To open Excel in its application safe mode: Click ‘Start’ in Windows 8, and start typing 'excel /safe' (Without the quotes and note the space in the command)
If you’re able to work with Excel in safe mode, then follow the steps below to
disable add-ins and once done try to open Excel normally and verify the status.
Click File menu, click Options > Add-in, click Go button in the Manage: Com-in Add. Check if there is any add-in, clear the checkbox to disable it.
If the issue occurs with all the Office applications then you may try to repair Office 2013 installation and verify the status.
Refer to the article mentioned below on how to repair Office 2013:
For further queries, reply and we would be happy to assist.
Running System Update Readiness Command
On running the System Update readiness Command, it will Detect & Replace Incorrect Registry data with the Correct one. Which may ultimately Solve 2013 excel wont open spreadsheets - in Windows.
- Open CMD as Administrator by Simply Right Clicking on Start button > Command Prompt (Admin).
- Now Type or Copy paste "DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth" and hit Enter,
- Now again Type or Copy paste this "DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth" and hit Enter.
- Close the Command Prompt Window because we are done.
Try and see if you still get the same error 2013 excel wont open spreadsheets - in your Windows.
Note: You may be prompted to enter your administrator's password when you try to execute certain system tasks!
Another Safe way to Repair the Problem: 2013 excel wont open spreadsheets -:
How to Fix 2013 excel wont open spreadsheets - with SmartPCFixer?
1. Click the button to download SmartPCFixer . Install it on your system. Open it, and it will perform a scan for your computer. The errors will be shown in the scan result.
2. After the scan is done, you can see the errors and problems which need to be fixed.
3. The Fixing part is finished, the speed of your computer will be much higher than before and the errors have been removed.
Read More: How to Fix Error - 2012 date\/time format error?,Fast Solution to Problem: 2nd Monitor Taskbar Auto-Hide overriding full screen.,Troubleshooter of Error: 32 bit stopped working on hp with vista 32-bit\/64-bit how can i repair the 32 bit version.. The install sites are not compatible on a computer with both versions,40 second boot delay Tech Support,How to Fix - 100% CPU usage at idle, System Interrupts 66%, caused by network card?,18 months of emails disappeared after running Disk Cleanup!,2 home groups on 1 computer network,64 MB graphics card and Windows 7,7.Error "220.127.116.11enRegInstaller.exe stropped working and was closed. A problem caused the application to stop working correctly. Windows will notify you if a solution is available",32bit vs 64bit programs