Desktop menu freezes and is blank
I have Windows 7 home premium upgrade from Vista home prem SP2.
I did the upgrade from the Internet.
My problem has to do with a menu freeze.
I don't have any icons on the desktop showing.
Instead I have them pop up with the desktop menu button over
by the clock.
When the computer starts, or when it's idle for a bit, I try to access this menu, it pops up and freezes--not with any icons showing, just a blank menu with the wallpaper showing through.
I can't get it to un-freeze.
Abut 30 secs.
to a minute
later, it disappears and then when I try it, it works.
This happens sometimes with the start menu as well.
This was a major problem when I had Vista--although w.
Vista almost ALL menus, in programs as well would freeze like that.
I never found an adequate
This was one of the many (many, many) problems I had with Vista (what a failure!) and I had hoped that when I got Windows 7 this problem would have been solved.
Can anyone help me with this? Thanks!
Solutions to the Problem Desktop menu freezes and is blank
Thank you for posting on Microsoft Answers Forums.
There are several troubleshooters you can try. First thing you may want to do is put your computer in a
Clean Boot state.
Next thing you want to do is do a System File Checker to make sure are your system files are ok.
If you still have any issues go to start>search type “Reliability Monitor”, look for any critical events that you may have.
If you have some please post them with their description.
Microsoft Answers Support Engineer
Microsoft Answers Feedback Forum and let us know what you think.
- Access the files on your computer via MY COMPUTER
- Under the C: drive, access the WINDOWS folder
- Select the SOFTWARE DISTRIBUTION folder, followed by the DOWNLOAD folder.
- Delete any files within this download folder.
- If you are unable to delete these files, open the command prompt (CMD) as the administrator, and type "net stop wuauserv" into the CMD prompt window. Press ENTER. This should allow you to delete the files from step 4.
- Once the files are deleted, open and run the CMD as the administrator and type "wuauclt.exe /updatenow". Press ENTER.
Another Safe way to Repair the Problem: Desktop menu freezes and is blank:
How to Fix Desktop menu freezes and is blank with SmartPCFixer?
1. Click the button to download Error Fixer . Install it on your computer. Run it, and it will scan your computer. The junk files will be shown in the list.
2. After the scan is done, you can see the errors and problems need to be repaired. Click Fix All.
3. When the Fixing part is finished, your computer has been speeded up and the errors have been fixed
Related: How to Update & Download NVidia GeForce 6100/nForce 420 WHQL Certified driver v.178.13,How to Update & Download NVidia GeForce 7600 GS Video Driver v.295.75 Certified,How Can I Update & Download NVidia GeForce 820M Driver v.344.48 WHQL,[Solved] Download NVidia GeForce GTX 560M VGA Driver v.296.17 Certified,Way to Update & Herunterladen NVidia GeForce GT 130M Video Treiber v.295.75 Certified,How to Update & Download SONY SVE14A1X1RH Realtek Ethernet Driver,Where to Download SONY SVS13A2W9ES Bluetooth Driver (Intel) v.2.6 - 126.96.36.199059,Best Way to Update & Download SONY VGN-CR203E Conexant HDAUDIO SoftV92 Data Fax Modem with SmartCP Setup Program v.188.8.131.52 driver,Best Way to Download SONY VGN-FE790G/N Wireless LAN Driver v.10.6.0.29,Method to Update & Download SONY VGN-NR31Z/S Firmware Extension Parser Device v.184.108.40.206,How to Fix Error 0x0000c1f5 Solución?,Error 0x80071a91 Win7 Fix Patch,Error 0x800ccc60 Windows Live Mail [Solved],Error Message 0x800ccc79 Outlook 2000 Fix,What is Error 0xc1ab0001?,[Answered] x64 saplugin dll,How to Fix Problem - Kb943729 Download?,Troubleshooting: Bccode D1 Error,Java Runtime Tech Support,Troubleshooting: ERROR NO SUCH GROUP Error
Read More: How to Fix Error - Date problem with emails received in Internet Explorer.?,default font associated with script Tech Support,How Can I Fix - data execution prevention error?,Troubleshooter of Error: Dell Inspiron n7110 graphics and gaming graphics problems and screen resolution problems,Curzor freezes in Word 2007 and Internet explorer Tech Support