Does storing files on the desktop slow performance?
I have received varying opinions on this matter. Does storing files on the desktop in Windows 7, as opposed to storing files in the documents file and creating a shortcut to the files on the desktop, slow down the computer?
Solutions to the Problem Does storing files on the desktop slow performance?
The desktop is not designed to store personal data files - it is intended for shortcuts and gadgets only.
The best way to store your personal data files is in the Windows 7 Libraries and any sub-folders thereof.
You can then simply create desktop shortcuts
to these libraries/folders.
I do not seen any evidence of storing data files on the dektop slowing performance, but the desktop can become corrupted more easily and you are at greater risk of losing your files.
Keeping your personal data files in libraries keeps things organised in such a way that they are separated from system and program files.
For more information on Windows 7 libraries please see:
Windows Error Reporting - To Fix Does storing files on the desktop slow performance?
- Go to Start button.
- Open Control Panel.
- Go to Windows Error Reporting.
- Click on System and Maintenance, then click Problem Reports and Solutions.
- Next, click Change Settings located on the left side panel of the Problem Reports and Solutions window.
- Select an option to configure how you want Windows to look for a solution to your problems. You may allow Windows to do it automatically or ask you every time to check if problem occurs.
- Next, click the Advanced settings link.
- Select Off to turn off Error Reporting.
Recommended Method to Repair the Problem: Does storing files on the desktop slow performance?:
How to Fix Does storing files on the desktop slow performance? with SmartPCFixer?
1. Click the button to download Error Fixer . Install it on your computer. Open it, and it will perform a scan for your system. The junk files will be shown in the list.
2. After the scan is finished, you can see the errors and problems which need to be repaired.
3. The Repair part is done, the speed of your computer will be much higher than before and the errors have been fixed. You can also use other functions in this software. Like dll downloading, windows updating and print spooler error repair.
Related: Way to Update & Download SONY SVE14A2X1EH Wireless State Device driver,How to Update & Download SONY SVS1511X9RB Graphics Driver for D2 (Intel) v.9.17 - 18.104.22.16828,Method to Download SONY VGN-CR290N Realtek High Definition Audio Driver v.22.214.171.12433,Download SONY VGN-FS710/W Utilities DLL Update v.6.4.0.06290 driver,Method to Update & Download SONY VGN-NR460E/P Intel Graphics Media Accelerator Driver v.126.96.36.19947,How to Fix Error 0x0000c1f5 Solución?,Error 0x80071a91 Win7 Fix Patch,Error 0x800ccc60 Windows Live Mail [Solved],Error Message 0x800ccc79 Outlook 2000 Fix,What is Error 0xc1ab0001?,[Answered] x64 saplugin dll,How to Fix Problem - Kb943729 Download?,Troubleshooting: Bccode D1 Error,Java Runtime Tech Support,Troubleshooting: ERROR NO SUCH GROUP Error,Solution to ashoutxt.dll Missing Error,Solution to cxcore096.dll Missing Error,Where can I Find dsauth.dll File,How to Fix msde.dll Not Found Error,Best Method to Fix psizewizres.dll Error
Read More: Troubleshooting:Distorted (cracked up) Clips in final \"saved\" movie. I am currently using Windows 7 & Live Movie Maker Error,Troubleshooting:Does the computer have to have the coax connection to have the dvr capabilities or does it still have the program for example my friend has a vista computer that has a coax connection so she can record shows that she wants to watch later,Troubleshooter of Error: Does anyone know of a fix or patch for windows 7 and dropdowns working incorrectly for Visual Studio 2010?,Download speed counting down to 0byte\/sec, Why?,Downgrade to Windows 7 from Windows 8.1 Tech Support,Data validation question. Maintaining and updating named ranges.,Desktop Gadget Gallery on Windows 7,delete empty rows,Deleting a page and also how can I copy an exact page lay out on a new page,Date Formula for 1st Sunday of each Month (3rd to 9th)