Allocate memory grayed out in Virtual Machine/XP Mode...memory cannot be reset
In Windows 7 Professional, with 8GB of RAM, I cannot change the allocated memory from 512MB.
XP Mode is off: Start>Windows Virtual PC>expand>Windows Virtual PC.
Under Settings, the memory allocation is grayed out.
The panel says to shut down XP Mode.
It is not running. There is nothing to shut down in Task Manager, except the Virtual Machines panel where I would change the settings.
Keys to the Problem Allocate memory grayed out in Virtual Machine/XP Mode...memory cannot be reset
I suspect its hibernating, not off.
Do this for me.
Click Start, All Programs > Windows Virtual PC > Windows Virtual PC > select Windows XP.vmcx file, click Settings on the command bar.
Select Close, then select the radio box, prompt for action.
Start the virtual machine
After it opens, click the close button, the click the list box and click Shutdown.
Go back to the virtual machine settings and you should be able to edit the allocated memory.
If its still grayed out, make sure you restart the host operating system (Windows 7).
Teching It Easy: With Windows |ActiveWin |Notebooks |
- Access the files on your computer via MY COMPUTER
- Under the C: drive, access the WINDOWS folder
- Select the SOFTWARE DISTRIBUTION folder, followed by the DOWNLOAD folder.
- Delete any files within this download folder.
- If you are unable to delete these files, open the command prompt (CMD) as the administrator, and type "net stop wuauserv" into the CMD prompt window. Press ENTER. This should allow you to delete the files from step 4.
- Once the files are deleted, open and run the CMD as the administrator and type "wuauclt.exe /updatenow". Press ENTER.
Recommended Method to Fix the Problem: Allocate memory grayed out in Virtual Machine/XP Mode...memory cannot be reset:
How to Fix Allocate memory grayed out in Virtual Machine/XP Mode...memory cannot be reset with SmartPCFixer?
1. Download SmartPCFixer . Install it on your computer. Click Scan, and it will perform a scan for your computer. The junk files will be shown in the list.
2. After the scan is done, you can see the errors and problems need to be fixed. Click Fix All.
3. When the Fixing part is done, your computer has been speeded up and the errors have been fixed
Related: error message fsui.exe/ wlidcli.dll is missing
,Solution to Error: Excel: Automatic number generation
,Troubleshoot:i wanna change language of all windows in Windows 7 Home Premium
,Troubleshooting:IF Function, if the vendor ID in column A matches any of the vendor ID's in column F, I want 1099 to appear in column D. Error
,Fast Solution to Problem: ReadyBoost is not working properly in my computer
,Troubleshoot:Error: "0x81000032 make sure the C: drive is online and set to NTFS" when trying to backup to external hard drive. Error,External Hard Drive not listed in Windows 7 backup wizard Tech Support,Tech Support: I'm always being signed off so annoying,Solution to Problem: Impossible to use Internet Explorer! I keep getting the same error message every time i try to use IE.,Referencing data in Access using Excel [Anwsered],Need Best Way To Present Data [Anwsered],Same question but for windows 7 home edition,sometimes fullscreen won't activate [Solved],Solution to Error: We bought a new computer with windows 7 and it is constantly freezing. How do we fix this?,Solution to Error: Windows 8 update crash (2013-07-22),brclr.dll.mu_ Missing Error Fixer,How To Resolve Missing fin_myagtui.eng Problem,Corrupted f_0006ad File - How to Fix,nkebigvg.cpl Not Found Error Fixer,Corrupted olcontrols.ocx File - How to Fix
Read More: Fast Solution to Error: AMD Radeon HD 6800M Series Driver issues,All programs are started as PDF Files [Solved],Any file I have opened within the past few days is now locked for editing by another user,Troubleshoot:Apply software update - won't update - won't stop - can't cancel and it is stopping me from shutting down and\/or restarting the computer Error,Troubleshoot:Anyway to attach Microsoft Works Word to e-mail?,After Windows Update CD/DVD drive does not work,After installing windows 7 to laptop the labels print out of line how can I fix it,After my computer sleeps the wireless always disconnects and will no reconnect,After signing into Pogo.com, I get a message" This tab has been recovered"....what does this mean and how do I fix it.....,All desktop icons changed to windows live and does not open