After upgrade to Win 7 MS Outlook 2007 will not open or save attachments
I upgraded from Vista Ultimate to Win 7 Ultimate.
Now I can't open email attachments received by MS Outlook 2007.
Nor can I save these attachments.
Furthermore I cannot open attachments that were received prior to the upgrade.
There is nothing wrong with these atachments as I can access them directly on our mail server and open them there.
Any help appreciated.
Keys to the Problem After upgrade to Win 7 MS Outlook 2007 will not open or save attachments
Hello Frank Klassen,
Thanks for posting in the Microsoft Answers Forum!
Please try the following steps:
In Outlook >> select Tools >> select Options >> select
Security >> uncheck "do not allow attachments to be saved or opened that could potentially be a virus"
Please let me know if this helps J
Microsoft Answers Support Engineer
Microsoft Answers Feedback Forum and let us know what you think
To install drivers and other optional updates
- To install optional updates, you need to review and then select them from the list of updates that Windows finds for your computer. Optional updates are not installed automatically.
- Open Windows Update by clicking the Start button Picture of the Start button, clicking All Programs, and then clicking Windows Update.
- In the left pane, click Check for updates, and then wait while Windows looks for the latest updates for your computer.
- If any updates are found, click View available updates.
- Select the optional updates that you want, and then click Install. Administrator permission required If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
Another Safe way to Repair the Problem: After upgrade to Win 7 MS Outlook 2007 will not open or save attachments:
How to Fix After upgrade to Win 7 MS Outlook 2007 will not open or save attachments with SmartPCFixer?
1. Download Error Fixer . Install it on your computer. Click Scan, and it will perform a scan for your computer. The junk files will be shown in the list.
2. After the scan is done, you can see the errors and problems need to be fixed. Click Fix All.
3. The Repair part is done, the speed of your computer will be much higher than before and the errors have been removed. You can also use other functions in SmartPCFixer. Like dll downloading, windows updating and print spooler error repair.
Related: ,[Solution] Error Clean,Solution to Error: mozilla thunderbird not responding windows 7,Fast Solution to Error: 0x00405da8,Troubleshoot:Toolbar,Solution to Problem: Windows Media Player C00d1199 Windows 7,Solution to Error: Windows 7Function,Troubleshooting:Pc Code 9999 Error,Solution to Problem: Norton Svchost Exe Virus,[Anwsered] Error 2738
Read More: Fast Solution to Problem: After installing Windows updates, the Computer crashed.,Fast Solution to Problem: After installing Windows updates, my Windows 7 computer becomes 100 times slower.,How to Fix Error - After Windows Updates, system is slow, doesn't shut down properly and seems to run better in safe mode?,Troubleshooting:After installing Windows Internet 9, I lost all my favorites and history shortcuts - Help, where did they go? Error,How to Resolve - Agentctl.dll registration on windows 8 64-bit?,32 bit printer drivers for Windows 7 64 bit OS,Activecell range 2 columns loop until last column,about pc battery power,Acrobat Reader downlode also automatically downloaded McAfee Security Plus...question about this below.,A runtime error has occurred. example: Line32 Do you wish to DeBug?