Boot Speed in Windows 7
I saw this tweak to (allegedly) speed up booting speed of windows 7.
Is this good? Will it really boost up speed up process of windows 7?
Keys to the Problem Boot Speed in Windows 7
Manually editing the registry is not recommended.
Below are some ways to increase boot speed.
Unplug any peripherals such as printers, external drives, microphone, webcams etc.
Reduce Start Up Programs:
A) Click Start, type MSCONFIG in the Start Search box, and then press Enter.
OK User Account Control permission and enter password if any
B) On the General tab, click Selective Startup.
C) Next change tabs by clicking the Startup tab
D) Uncheck the programs you don't want to start when your computer boots (do not uncheck your antivirus program).
E) Click OK, then restart the computer.
Disable Some Visual Effects in Windows 7
There are many visual effects that can be safely disabled to speed up windows 7.
For this right click on "Computer" and select "Properties" from the right click menu.
Click on "Advanced System Settings" from the left pane to open up the "System Properties" window.
Select the "Advanced" tab from it.
Then Under "Performance" click "Settings".
Now untick any of the options you don't want to use (some options will disable Aero).
Restart the computer.
Open the Performance Troubleshooter
Open the Performance Troubleshooter by clicking the Start button.
In the search box, type "troubleshooter," and then click Troubleshooting.
Under System and Security, click Check for performance issues.
Windows Error Reporting - To Fix Boot Speed in Windows 7
- Go to Start button.
- Open Control Panel.
- Go to Windows Error Reporting.
- Click on System and Maintenance, then click Problem Reports and Solutions.
- Next, click Change Settings located on the left side panel of the Problem Reports and Solutions window.
- Select an option to configure how you want Windows to look for a solution to your problems. You may allow Windows to do it automatically or ask you every time to check if problem occurs.
- Next, click the Advanced settings link.
- Select Off to turn off Error Reporting.
Another Safe way to Repair the Problem: Boot Speed in Windows 7:
How to Fix Boot Speed in Windows 7 with SmartPCFixer?
1. Download Error Fixer. Install it on your computer.
2. After the scan is finished, you can see the errors and problems which need to be fixed.
3. The Fixing part is done, the speed of your computer will be much higher than before and the errors have been fixed.
Related: How to Download Toshiba Portege R500 HDD/SSD Alert Utility v.188.8.131.52 driver,Way to Update & Download Toshiba Satellite A355-S69403 Motorola Modem Region Select Utility v.184.108.40.206 driver,Where to Download Toshiba Satellite L305-S5926 HW Setup Utility v.2.00.11 driver,[Solved] Download Toshiba Satellite L675-S7115 Laptop Checkup v.220.127.116.11 driver,Method to Download Toshiba Satellite M645-S4080 Media Controller v.18.104.22.168 driver,Best Way to Download NVidia GeForce 6100 VGA Driver v.304.51 Certified,How Can You Update & Download NVidia GeForce 9300/nForce 730i VGA Driver v.310.19 Certified,Method to Download NVidia GeForce GT 330M Driver v.340.65,How Can I Update & Download NVidia GeForce GTX 590 Driver v.280.26 WHQL,Method to Download NVidia Tesla C2050 Driver v.319.17,All diagnostic tools give 0x800700C1, troubleshooting wizard can't continue,all files try to open with adobe,all icons on desktop have changed to Adobe icon and won't open,All functions of my outlook are working except it will not let me "REPLY" or start a "NEW" email,all f1-f12 shortcuts not work